Round 3


They say a picture is worth a thousand words - and I think the pic above does just that! We are so excited that our third round of IVF is officially underway! For those of you who are new to the blog this is our 3rd round of IVF. We did one round about this time in 2013 and it was a total disaster - 11 eggs retrieved with only 1 fertilizing. After a day 3 transfer we had a big fat negative.

I remember being so discouraged and let down. When we started IVF after a long time of trying on our own I thought for sure it would work - how could it not? After hearing the words "I'm sorry to say your test came back negative" we were crushed. We picked ourselves up and made many changes and headed into Casey's cycle on the summer of 2013 with high hopes and we emerged with our beautiful boy and 4 embryos waiting for us in the freezer. 

Now that Casey is quickly growing up we have baby fever again - like crazy! So we decided to head back to the doctor for our 3rd round. We had our final consultation on Monday and were shocked when he said it seemed like the timing was perfect to start this week!

The one stipulation was that I was sure we weren't naturally pregnant. I assured him that wasn't possible. This is going to sound very strange but I was very hesitant to try naturally. For me the roller coaster of emotions of waiting, wishing and hoping was just too much every month when I had just myself to worry about. Now that I am momma to Ceej I didn't want to be going through that am I pregnant hell every month only to be let down. Plus Chris and I look at Ceej and think wow we have him because the embryologist chose him first. What if we never met him because he was one of the embryos in the freezer? One of our 4 waiting embryos is a perfect quality day 5 like Ceej and the other 3 are the same quality but took 6 days to get there. If it's up to me we will try to have all of those babies. Baby hoarder over here!

 This time is totally new for us since its a frozen embryo transfer or FET - whereas we've only done fresh cycles. We baselined and had a follow up blood test and got the green light to start injections last night. I will give myself nightly Lupron injections for approximately the next month. The purpose of this drug is to essentially shit down the production of certain hormones in my body. 

Once I get my cycle I will go back in for another baseline ultrasound and bloodwork and then will start oral Estace pills as well as Estradiol patches. The doctor will monitor the lining of my uterus and when we are close to ideal conditions for our little embryo I will begin nightly PIO (progesterone in oil) intramuscular injections into my fanny along with Crinone gel vagibal suppositories (yes they really are as pleasant as they sound...). Once the doc decides conditions are ideal we will return our precious baby to its rightful home and then we wait. 

I haven't gotten the full calendar with dates as they wait for your cycle, then set your transfer date and work the meds back from there so we are hoping to have this in the next week or so. We are so so excited I cannot wait to make Ceej a big brother he will make a great one so if you have a few prayers to spare we would appreciate them! 

XOXO
k

Comments

Popular Posts