Casey's 8 Months!

Wow - I have really been neglecting this blog - I promise to be better about it! It's a resolution of mine!!

So my little nugget is 8 months old (well almost 8.5 as I write this!) How is that even possible? I see him doing new things, learning new things and growing literally right in front of my eyes and it's so bittersweet. It's so much fun to see your children become independent and to grow and learn and turn into little people but at the same time you want to keep them little and small so that you can protect them forever.


Pay no mind to the horrible photo quality. We bought a big fancy camera in anticipation of Casey and still haven't learned how to use it. I might as well be taking them with a disposable. I'm hoping my girls Maura and Meg can hook me up with some Skype sessions and teach me how!

It's funny I see so much of Chris in Casey the older he gets. He's his daddy's mini me - especially in the pic above! There are certain times with some of his expressions where I still see me and his Uncle Corey but for the most part - he's all daddy! No doubt the clinic used the right sample haha :)

So I feel like in the last month Casey has grown leaps and bounds. He's mobile now - mostly army crawling but we've had the occasional crawl on his knees! And let me tell you - for those of you without mobile babies yet - the WHOLE game changes when they are mobile! I used to be able to leave him on the floor to run to the restroom or grab a diaper - not anymore. I left him in his room - normally the safest place in the house - long enough to run to the bathroom and bam - before I knew it he was in the hallway - time for baby gates and outlet protectors!

He also goes through spurts where he says momma tons and then he can go days without saying it. So far that's his only word but he sure if vocal - he screeches and hollers all the time and loves to holler with momma. He is getting better about eating but honestly he loves his milkies. He gags when we try anything with real substance but we are working on it everyday! He LOVES broccoli, sweet potatoes, apples and bananas.

We have been trying to get away from his nicknames and start using Casey more so that he recognizes his name - we are getting there slowly but surely! Our once little guy is now over 20 pounds and a little chunk! I'm sad for him to start crawling because I know he will lose his baby chub!

I seriously cannot believe how fast the 8 months has flown by - it's been challenging, trying, amazing, and honestly the best 8 months of my life. This little guy is my whole world and I cannot wait to watch him continue to grow!











XOXO
K


Comments

Popular Posts