How do I have a 9 month old?!?!

Wow it's been a while since I blogged and a while since I've caught everyone up on life in general so this one is going to be full of completely random thoughts so prepare yourself for the ride! One of my resolutions is to be better about my blog in the New Year - it's so cathartic for me to sit down and get my thoughts out so here's to many more posts in 2015!

So how in the hell do I have a 9 month old? I seriously cannot believe it - I look back on the past 9 months and I cannot believe how fast time has flown. Everyone always tells you they grow up so fast but you hear it and you think yeah yeah - and in those early days when you are running on zero sleep and about 5,000 cups of coffee everyday seems like eternity - but now I wish I could freeze time and even have a rewind button to relive some of those precious early moments.


Case is almost 21 pounds and almost 27 inches - he's a big boy! We had our 9 month appointment and had our first routine blood draw (everything is perfect!) and I think momma was traumatized much more than Case! In this past month it's literally like someone hit fast forward and he started hitting milestones right and left!! We have 6 teeth now, he is full on crawling like a speed demon, pulling up on EVERYTHING and even trying to let go now. If you try to hold on to him he shoos you away like no momma I got this! Too big for his britches! He also is feeding himself puffs and things like that now which is HUGE for us because he's always been such a terrible eater!

So what's up with everything else in life? I know I've talked a lot on the blog and pretty much been an open book about a lot of aspects of our lives so I want to fill you in on the majors!

Sleep - Case is a champion sleeper now (knock on wood!) He sleeps 11-12 hours at night and 3-4 (this week almost 5) of naps during the day. It still amazes me how much better we feel with sleep!

Nursing - So we made it 7.5 months before Casey self weaned. Once he started sleeping through the night it was all over since my supply was so shitty to begin with. He still gets about 3oz ob frozen milk from my stash per day and I should be able to get him to almost a year which the doc said is amazing - it's like a shot of antibiotics everyday! I will confess - I won't go through as much as I went through with Case for baby #2 on the nursing front. First of all I just know I simply won't have time with 2 to nurse, bottle feed and then pump like I did with Casey. I also feel as though I missed valuable time with him and my family because I was so worried about upping my supply. I will definitely try to nurse and I hope and pray it works out better the second time around but if not - such is life. I was exclusively formula fed and turned out pretty ok :)

PPD - Talking about sleep and babies where am I at with my post partum? I am happy to report I am doing amazing!! I feel like myself again and Chris says he has the old me back. Everyone else around me has noticed also. I take 50mg of Zoloft a day and it honestly has been life changing. I have energy, I'm happy again, and I for sure am a better mom. I see my psychiatrist about every 6 weeks and was doing counseling but honestly it was more stressful to me because my therapist was downtown and I would go at night and miss bed and bath time so the meds and meeting with my psychiatrist are working great! I would encourage anyone dealing with PPD to seek help - I am so glad I did and only sad I didn't do it sooner. It's nothing to be ashamed about and it doesn't make you a bad person or a bad mother. 

Baby #2 - So speaking of nursing, PPD leads me to talk about Baby #2. So initially we wanted to try at 6 months but on zero sleep dealing with PPD we knew it just wasn't the right time. Now I am working on getting healthy again and setting up some of the initial testing to start another round of IVF. Our current plan is to try on our own until Ceej's first birthday and then we will do a frozen transfer in the April/May timeframe. We are very excited and in some weird way for me going through injections and ultrasounds and blood draws - it's all very empowering because in a way it's managing (as much as possible) the shitty situation that is being infertile. Many have asked will we be open about it a second time around the answer is absolutely. If I can help even one person that is going through infertility I will gladly share this journey!

Working - I just recently decided (along with Lundbeck) to extend my consulting agreement. I really like working and staying fresh in my field and I love having the adult interaction. So for the foreseeable future I will be a work at home momma. My awesome mother in law will be watching Ceej one day a week so I can go in to the office to take meetings and have some face time which we are so grateful for!!

Whew that was totally random and a lot of catching up but I think that's the state of the union in the Wiklund household. I hope that 2015 is off to a great start for everyone!!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts