The Hangover

So…ahem…I had my first raging hangover since having my little nugget. If you know my pre mommy life you may be very surprised by this as I had my fair share of hard partying days (ok let's be honest - years.) - but it's the truth. Since having Ceej I've become such a lightweight and with trying to lose weight and my mini January resolution to give up booze - which lasted all of about 9 days - I haven't drank much more than 3 beers in one sitting.

First of all I just have to tell you how much I love my new mom friends. Finding mom friends is like dating - sounds silly but it's so true. You go to play groups or baby class and you meet a nice mom and you leave thinking I should have gotten her number, or if you exchanged numbers you analyze things you said and think oh no, will she like me? Will I hear from her? It's totally crazy how it puts you right back in the mentality of the dating world! But I digress. So I was having trouble meeting mom friends so I started a group using meet up.com and it's grown to a nice size and is full of mommas and babies who are seriously awesome!

So last week I hosted a clothes swap and wine night. I had done a huge closet clean out of all my pre-Ceej clothes after finally coming to terms with the fact that it will be a cold day in hell when I fit into them again. So I had bags upon bags and wanted to offer them up to other mommas before just donating them. So I whipped up some appetizers, a few desserts and cracked open some wine and invited the girls over. This was our first get together without the babes and we had a blast!! It was so much fun. This was the first time that some of the mommas had met one another and I seriously felt like everyone instantly clicked. We drank, ate, played two truths and a lie (thanks Sarah!) and drank some more. Late in the night we finally got around to clothes swapping.

The last mommas left around 1am and it wasn't until I curled up in bed that I realized holy smokes - I may have had too much to drink. Somewhere in the range of a beer and possibly an entire bottle of moscato - oops!!! My mom was in town to help with Ceej so she was technically on babysitting duty as Chris was in Spain on business and of course Case decides on a 5am wake up call. Game on.

I must say I never dealt with hangovers all that well before Ceej but holy smokes - being hung over and having to take care of a little one - whoa. And just because I had decided to have a little too much fun I couldn't justify being any less of a momma than I am any other day - so I sucked it up, pulled out the momma voice, brewed and enormous pot of coffee and jumped right in. Unfortunately my very very energetic 9.5 month old has no concept of momma being hungover nor does he slow down…ever. So about a million Old MacDonalds, a ride through the house in his stroller, some breakfast, and some fun with the dog bowls we made it to morning nap - PRAISE JESUS. But as I mentioned in the last post - my 1st job is momma but I am also a work at home momma with responsibilities to my team and my employer so morning nap was reserved for working. Our housecleaner came and was like whoa - you look sleepy today. Thanks….

We played through the afternoon and when 2nd nap rolled around this momma was ready - I grabbed my blanket and pillow and snuggled in with Ceej for a nice long nap. He rarely ever lets me hold him to sleep anymore so it was such a treat and we cuddled up for a 3 hour nap - 3 glorious hours! It was exactly what I needed!

It's so funny because when I became a momma I turned in my drinking and partying days happily - I had had more than my fair share of them and I was ready for my new life. But I must say - it was so so nice to relax and let loose with some great new friends and honestly - I can't wait to do it again! I encourage all of you mommas out there - especially new mommas - to branch out, try and make new momma friends and remember how very important it is to have time to yourself. It doesn't have to be drinking and partying - hell even going to the dentist is now relaxing to me because it's time to myself. It doesn't make you a bad mom, or doesn't mean you don't love and want to be around your baby - it's so normal and so so healthy. Get out there mommas - you deserve it!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts