These are a few of my favorite things...

So it's been a while since I did a favorite things post and life has changed quite a bit over here since Ceej is much more active and mobile so I thought I'd share some of my favorite things for both momma and baby!

1. Our walker. I seriously could not live without this thing. My house would be a mess, I would never shower, and we would carryout for every meal. Now that Casey is crawling and pulling up he has the ability to get places on his own most of the time. As soon as that happened, the jumpers and exersaucers were old news because he doesn't like to be confined. With the walker he can tool around the house and "get his laps in", burn off some energy, and I can load the dishwasher or fold the laundry or whatever I might need to do. It's so perfect! I also feel like it's helping him get close to walking soon!


2. Baby Einstein ball set. He absolutely loves these because now that he is crawling he will push them and chase them. He seriously will chase the ball all through the house for hours if I let him. It might just be the cutest thing ever.


3. Flap books! Casey's Auntie Andi got him a flap book for Halloween and since he's been obsessed with them. He loves playing with the flaps and I'm hoping it's going to encourage him to get more into books because right now we make it through about 1 page before he's off and running again! Karen Katz books are his favorite. 


4. A dog! This is kind of funny but kind of not. I seriously don't know how people with kids who eat finger foods without dogs do it. I always think Ceej eats so well and I take the tray off of his highchair and there is his entire dinner (what's not on the floor at least). So we literally push it all on to the floor and let Wrigley have a feast and then clean it up. The only thing I have found he doesn't like is kiwi - which unfortunately is one of Ceej's favorite things!


5. Davines hair products. This is for mommas! Post partum hair loss hit me hard - I am rebounding but I just felt like my hair didn't feel or look healthy. Being a stay at home momma I was just using whatever was on sale but got inspiration from my Mamatribe Chicago Facebook page and decided to try Davines products which I had previously used. Life. Changing. Seriously my hair has never felt this amazing! They are a little pricey but worth every single penny! I use the OI line of shampoo, conditioner and potion and have also tried the vegetarian miracle conditioner. It seriously is miracle stuff!

http://us.davines.com/oi-conditioner/d/1055


6. Biotin! I cannot say it enough. If you suffer from hair loss - especially post partum - this stuff is for you! It's helped my hair start to grow back and has also helped my nails tremendously! I take 5000 mcg a day and I just use the Target brand. Often times it's $6 or so for a 50 day supply and they normally have a gift card offer!


7. My workout videos! Seriously I was a huge gym rat before Casey and between nap schedules and play dates it's just hard to actually get to the gym these days so I have taken to working out at home. We have a treadmill in the basement and I love beach body products. They are a bit pricey so I have scoured craigslist and have got some great deals on secondhand programs there. I just bought T25 from a local guy and did the first 2 workouts yesterday and I must say I haven't woken up this sore in a long time!


8. Gossip Girl! Ok I know I'm clearly too old to watch a show about a bunch of Manhattan high school socialites but I never watched it when it originally aired and I am HOOKED! I only allow myself to watch it when I'm on the treadmill so it encourages me to get moving but seriously - I cannot. stop. watching.




Love sharing some of my favorite things with everyone!

XOXO
K











Comments

Popular Posts