21 Weeks and Halloween!

Happy belated Halloween! I have to say I've always been a sucker for holidays - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentine's Day - every single one of them. I love a reason to celebrate and holidays are just that! But I have to tell you - holidays before kids don't even compare to holidays with them. Last year Ceej was so little he really didn't get the concept of what was going on but this Halloween he totally got it and it was the best day ever! By the time we trick-or-treated at just a few houses he was a pro and would giggle all the way up and down the sidewalk to the door!

We had the absolute worst weather for Halloween - cold temps and torrential downpours all morning. We spent the morning at Chris' parents (Grandma and Mamps) house with the cousins. I made Halloween treat bags for everyone and we brought the most amazing donut holes in the world - Busy Bee Bakery - so delicious (Ceej agreed - he had 5 and they are huge!). Then we came home for nap and once he woke we carved pumpkins, make rice crispy pumpkins and got ready to trick or treat! The weather finally broke around 4:00 os so and we went out trick or treating for about an hour. Ceej filled his bucket and had a blast and we came home for mummy dogs and curly fries before tucking in in our Halloween pajamas. It was the best day ever - my heart was so full of joy watching him run up and down the sidewalk with Daddy - his little octopus tentacles flying in the wind.

The whole costume issue is a whole nother story. We started with a Viking costume which he let me put on him once - and then never again. Then we tried a monkey costume (we called him monkey or "monk" for the longest time when he was little) - and again - he let me try it on but that was it. So I decided to send them both back - recoup my $80 - and get creative! So I decided something that was based on normal clothes with no hat or headpiece would be best and I finally decided on an octopus. So $15 later, about an hour and a half and about a dozen glue gun burns we had ourselves the cutest octopus ever! I also made mini felt octopi to pin to my shirt for the twins! Here are some of my favorite pics of the day!

What are you looking at momma?

Donut hole face!

Checking out their treat bags!

About 4 donut holes in….

Mamps you are silly!! (Notice always with a donut hole…)

Building a lego train!

Octopus on a fire engine!

Sky, China doll, Darth Vader and an Octopus!

Ok Dad let me show you how this is done!


First you need the proper tools...

Then you dig right in...

Then you proceed to feed the guts to the dog...

Again…what are you looking at momma?

Headed out for some loot!

One of our first houses - he tried to invite himself in

Pirates booty for the kiddos and beer for the parents :)

Too cool for school

A basket full of treats!

Such a cute little viking - at least we got a pic!

And an even cuter monkey :)

Pretty awesome Halloween morning stinky face 

Momma and her 3 octopi


Speaking of the twins - we are 21 weeks!! (Well 21w4d today!). So we are a little over 2.5 weeks away from viability week and praying like crazy everything continues to go smoothly. For those of you who aren't familiar week 24 of pregnancy is considered viability week. Before that babies have little chance of surviving outside the womb. Once you hit 24 weeks the chance of survival is approximately 40-70% and goes up each week from there. By the time you hit 27 weeks it's believed to be greater than 90%. I know maybe it seems a little obsessive but hitting week 24 (God willing) will be a huge milestone and we will start to breathe a little easier with every week that passes. From the beginning I've been so scared something would happen with one of the twins and as my belly grows and the weeks pass by I'm just in awe that knock on wood things seem to be going perfectly. 



I'm feeling great and feeling lots of movement. I'm anxious to start feeling even more. We can now see the babies kick from the outside but I haven't quite figured out their patterns just yet - still seems pretty random. I'm definitely feeling very pregnant and keeping up with a very active toddler is getting harder but for now we are staying as busy as possible and trying to spend as much fun one on one time together as I know the days of it just being the 2 of us are numbered.

We haven't bought anything for the babies and won't until probably December because again I'm a worry wart and a freak but I can't wait to get their furniture and some other essentials we are going to need! I feel like with the holidays it's going to be January before we know it and the babies will likely be here sometime in February - so crazy!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts