I'm baaaaack…...

Holy smokes how has it been 2 and a half months since I last blogged? Talk about slacking…

Anywho, I really want to get back into maintaining the blog again – it was a great outlet for me and especially going through a twin pregnancy, moving with a toddler while pregnant and all of the other crazy that makes up our life right now it will be great to document our lives again and be able to look back at everything – the good the bad and the ugly.

So let’s see I last blogged in early July at literally about 4 weeks pregnant. Since then the twins are now 19+ weeks along and have grown from the size of a poppy seed to zucchinis or heirloom tomatoes depending on the app, we bought a house and are moved and sold our house in the city thank God! So we’ve went from city parents with a 1 year old to suburbanites with a full blown toddler, two on the way and an impending mini van in our future. Lots of big life changes for the Wiklunds. So where to begin?

The twins look great so far. No concerns up to this point save for some unexplained bleeding in the early weeks. The fertility clinic diagnosed it as an SCH but the OB couldn’t find anything – it lasted a day or 2 and went away thank God. They are now 19 weeks and momma has popped. I’m pretty sure I feel some swimming around in there but nothing definitive enough to say I feel them move all the time yet. I listen to their heartbeats daily and it’s so amazing to hear them both. I love being pregnant I loved it with Ceej and I’m enjoying these babies. I had some nausea in the beginning – no real throwing up but a few times – but it’s since subsided and the 2nd trimester energy burst is here which is great news because…

In the span of one week in early August we found a house online on a whim, looked at it, loved it and bought it! We closed September 3rd on our true forever home in Downers Grove – a suburb West of Chicago. All of Chris’ family is within 10-15 minutes and it just made sense for us. We knew we would eventually move out of the city for better school options but the twins accelerated that move and we literally found our dream home and jumped on it. We of course still had our house to sell in the city in a not so ideal location and market but thank goodness got an offer last week and are waiting to hear back on the inspection report and hoping there were no major issues.





It’s been very emotional for me leaving our house – it was our first real house and we experienced so much there – all of our infertility struggles, getting pregnant and bringing Ceej home there and everything in between. All the tears, laughs, smiles, joy and heartache of the last couple of years in one house. When I rocked Ceej to sleep for the last time on Friday night I just let the tears flow thinking of all the beautiful times spent in that room both with and without him. I’m excited to build new memories and bring the twins home to our forever home – but parting was so bittersweet.

So that’s an update on The Wiklunds for now! I’m hoping to blog about the new house, the move and Ceej’s latest developments soon!!

XOXO,

K

Comments

Popular Posts