December and January Catch Up!


Since it's been so long since I blogged I wanted to share some of my favorite pics and things we did throughout December and January!

We've had a very mild winter - thank you mother nature! With twins on the way and living 45 minutes from my doc and hospital now it's been so nice to not have to worry about making it downtown while fighting a storm. Now that we are in the homestretch if there is any threat of any major snow we will pack up and head downtown and stay to be sure we are close to the hospital!

Here are some of the fun things we've been up to! 

I'm a freak for the holidays so I tend to drag the boys EVERYwhere there is some sort of holiday celebration. This was Lisle's holiday parade - can't tell if that guy is cute or horrifying. Not my best holiday idea yet...

We went to zoo lights at Brookfield Zoo - for anyone in the area I highly recommend it - but GO EARLY! It gets insane. And would you believe it was warm enough for light spring jackets in early December?!? Perfect weather!

 Christmas Eve and Auntie Kristin is a hit with the stamp set! Love seeing all these nuggets together. Cannot believe in April there will be 7 of them!

 Mommy and Ceej eating monkey bread and casserole Christmas morning. This was about 3 minutes before I believe my rib officially cracked. So I had had some rib pain before but I coughed Christmas morning (seriously I was sick from Halloween through New Years - no joke) and I felt a pop and literally was laid up. I worried my entire pregnancy that I was going to be in the hospital and miss our last Christmas just the 3 of us - so I refused to go to the hospital. I ended up leaving Christmas dinner early in tears and went to labor and delivery the next day. Nothing they could do for the rib but the babies were fine so that's all that mattered! It took a few weeks but I'm back to normal and baby B is firmly lodged in my right rib cage!


Ceej is so big!

We got Ceej a slide for Christmas - it was a huge hit!

We spent many holidays saying this is our last XXX as a family of two, literally years would pass and we would say this is probably our last Christmas just the two of us, this is our last New years just the 2 of us - it was very surreal to say this is the last Christmas just the 3 of us this year - so so blessed!

We made a few trips to Bass Pro to see all the fun Christmas decorations and to visit Santa. Ceej loved this talking reindeer!

Oh be still my heart 

We took a walk to see the Downers Tree and the gingerbread walk!

Fun play date with one of our besties Henry!

We didn't make it downtown for the Christkindlmarket but did hit up the Oakbrook one!

Ceej loves trying to climb into his brother or sister's crib! 

Playdate with Henry, Lizzie, Olivia and meeting baby Sebastian - Auntie Sarah is always a big hit with the kiddos! You need your kiddos to smile for a pic? She's your lady!

Fun play date with Myla and Bella - All Aboard Diner!

Zoo lights in December with no coat and socks - I'll take it!

We finally won something! Chris is one of 3 boys and for many many years now instead of exchanging gifts we all get together along with his Aunt and Uncle and do a food/cooking contest. We've done guacamole, salsas, dips, appetizers, drinks, chill, desserts, and this year was a dish paired with a drink. So much fun! We tied for winners with Kristin and Adam's deelish burger and milkshake. We make homemade peppermint bark and homemade peppermint egg nog. Well Chris did - I take zero credit. He did an amazing job!

Not so sure about Santa!

Fun Christmas party with Leah, Ava, Nate and Lizzie! Love these kiddos - we all met as new moms living in the city when the kiddos were 3-6 months old. I hope we have many pics like this throughout the years!

Just cruising around the basement admiring the tree!

Fun play date at jumps and jiggles with Mia and Enzo and little Dominic - cannot wait to have 2 new squishes of our own!

We had an elective 3D ultrasound for the twinks. We had to go twice to get good pics but so worth it! Here's Baby A flexing!

Baby B looking like a sweetie pie!


Christmas Even Family Selfie!

Grandma and Mamps have a big guy in their dining room called Horace. For Christmas Horace becomes Santa. Ceej is totally intrigued by him!

Ceej looks totally dazed - long day of Christmas Even fun and reading The Night Before Christmas with Momma!

We celebrated Christmas with my family the week after Christmas. My folks and uncle John, Aunt Marianne and Alex all came to visit for 5 days. We had so much fun! And Christmas, fun and family call for donuts!

Because everyone mows the living room naked….

Introducing Ceej to the great Case/Jeffrey tradition of ham salad on Christmas Eve. It was even made and sent by Great Granny!

Caution - Men at Work!

Christmas 2015 with the Jeffrey/Case clan! 

Quite possibly one of my favorite pics ever!

Happy birthday Al!

Just chilling in our tent

We've had so many fun play dates with Savannah lately! This was their sweet hug on National Hug Day

And Ceej is officially obsessed with our Halloween Skull!

The park with Daddy at the end of January in a light jacket - this weather has been so crazy!

At 34 weeks mommy found out she was 3cm dilated and having some contractions pretty regularly. Operation keep the twins in as long as possible called for Nene to drop everything and come up to take care of me and Ceej - and also target trips in the motorized buggy. No shame in my game!

Growing bare belly!

Looking awfully studious!

Happy Paczki Day!

Wow - what a catch up! Holy smokes! If you hung in there good for you! Hoping to update on our journey thus far through EI as well as how I'm feeling in these final week with the twinks soon!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts