Christmas recap and a promise to my TTC sisters


It's hard to believe another Christmas has come and went! As I mentioned in my last post this Christmas was very bittersweet for me - it was our last Christmas without Baby Wik (still feels weird saying that!) but it was also likely my last Christmas at home so I tried to savor every minute!

I have to admit as the weeks go by in my pregnancy I get a little lazier and am a little more OK with just hanging out and relaxing which is fine by me! The energy levels are not what they used to be! So while home we just hung with my parents, watched a lot of movies and played with the 4 dogs and 2 cats! 

When we arrived we went for the traditional Mexican and had a great night just Chris, mom, dad and I. The next morning we were all wondering why Dad was sleeping so long - as he came down the hallway close to 9 we discovered it was because he had come down with the flu! My dad is such a hard worker and we hadn't seen him in so long we were all sad that he had to spend the day in bed! By the next day he was feeling a lot better but being preggers I didn't want to risk getting it so I loaded up on OJ and this happened...


But so far so good - Everyone else seems to have dodged the bullet!

My brother Corey and his wife Ashley arrived the next day and it was so great to see them! It had been way too long! We did the traditional order pizza and watch movies together and it was perfect! Then onto Christmas Eve which was at grandma's - mom made a ton of delish food since grandma is still moving slow after hurting her foot in September! We got to see everyone and had a great time! I realize now that I didn't take any pics other than the obligatory family shots of Chris and I and my bro and his little family in front of my parents tree!
Christmas morning at my parent sis always my favorite! We get up entirely too early and take a few hours to open gifts, eat a delish breakfast (your gravy this year was impeccable momma) and then head to grandma's for an early dinner which was amazing! Here are some of my favorites from that day:



Yes we are slightly obsessed with our dogs in this family! We had a blast and it was so nice to spend some time with the family.

I reflected a lot over the holiday about where we are and the struggles we've went through conceiving baby Wik. I know so many amazing women that I have never actually met in person through my IG TTC (trying to conceive) community that are or were in the same boat. There were a few announcements Christmas Day ( yay Allison I love you so much girl and can't wait to finally get together in 2014!) but there are still so many others struggling and I just want to let you all know that I'm praying like crazy for you all and wish and hope for you that 2014 is the year where all your dreams come true. I am always here for you - no matter what - and I promise to you all to not take ONE SECOND of this journey for granted. I know having been there - Chris and I have been given one of the most amazing gifts there is. For me to be able to sit around at Christmas and have my parents, grandparents sister in law and the rest of the family be able to feel Baby Wik kicking away was a memory and experience I will never forget and never take for granted and I wish it for all of you.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and may all your hopes and dreams be fulfilled in 2014!

XOXO 
K










Comments

Popular Posts