Motivation Monday 2 days late!

Hi guys! So sorry I'm a day late with Motivation Monday! The few hours that I work a day have been keeping me super busy and Mr. Casey hasn't been sticking to any sort of schedule so I'm having trouble keeping everything going! :)

Perfect for motivation Monday we got a new toy last week - we bought a treadmill!! Let me just tell you I LOVE having it in the house! I miss the gym but just know right now with Ceej being so little - there's just no time if we want to have any time as a family of 3 each day so I gave it up and committed to working out during nap times. I have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and have lost about 7 pounds but what is more incredible?? I lost 7 inches from my waist - no joke!! I had to ask Chris to take the measurements a few times because I didn't believe it! I also notice a huge difference in the way my body looks. Admittedly I have fallen off the Jillian wagon since the treadmill came but I will be using the videos next week when Ceej and I take a road trip home for a few days!

I would recommend the 30 day shred video to anyone who only has a half hour to work out every day. It seriously give you great results in very little time and I always do it while watching one of my favorite shows at the same time! The other great part is that you only need a set of small hand weights so you can do it anywhere!

Today I also wanted to talk about motivation and how it's truly key to succeeding at any goal - working out or otherwise. I think that you need to have both "big motivators" and "little motivators" - let me explain. And remember - I'm not a real writer just a regular mom pouring my thoughts out to a keyboard - hence the fancy words haha. Big motivation to me is the overarching reason you are doing something. For me and the quest to get healthy that's a simple one - my family. I want to see my baby boy (and hopefully his siblings) grow up, graduate high school and graduate college. Being that I'm convinced I'm destined to be a boy momma (I've decided if I had my way I would have 4 boys - yes 4) - I want to dance with my son(s) at their wedding and be the mother of the groom who is beaming with pride when her boy(s) marry the lady of their dreams. I want to grow old with Chris and when our kids are long gone I want to be healthy enough to do the fun things that active retirees do - play tennis, golf, take walks - whatever we enjoy doing at that age.

There's a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, all sorts of cancer - you name it I can tell you someone in my side of the family who has it. That in and of itself is enough to make me want to be the healthiest I can be. And I think that's key to success in anything in life. So if you are thinking of becoming healthier and living a healthier lifestyle ask yourself what is your big motivation? What is the reason you want to pursue getting fit, losing weight, or eating healthier. When you find that answer - on days where it's tough and you just don't want to pop in that video or get on the treadmill, or you want to eat that big ole burger and fries and top it off with an XL milkshake - you can stop for a minute and think about that reason and I promise you - if it's truly your motivation and what drives you you will think twice about your decision - and every time you think about that motivation it will get easier and easier to pick the right path.

I also think it's important to have "little motivators". This comes in many forms for me. My little motivators when it comes to working out are great music or great TV shows. If I have some great music I have a better run, I picture myself as a world class athlete kicking everyone's asses and it totally gets me going. My all time favorite workout song? Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" - if you don't have it on your workout playlist get it - immediately. If I'm not in the mood for music I'll watch a great show from Netflix - a series - so that everyday when it's time for a workout I'm looking forward to that next episode. I'm currently trying to get into Downton Abbey - everyone raves about it and I tried it once before but gave up on it so giving it another go. As far as food motivators it's all about keeping the bad stuff out and the good stuff in. I keep bad stuff - chocolate, ice cream, cake, etc. - out of the house. I don't buy it or keep it around because then I won't be tempted to indulge. What I do however is keep healthy alternatives so that when the cravings hit I have something that's delicious but still healthy. My favorite recently are cinnamon apples cooked in coconut oil. For that I just cut up 1-2 apples and sautee them in about 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil and sprinkle a little cinnamon over them and voila! Tastes like apple pie (minus the crust) and is so deelish!

So that's all I have for you today! I hope you are having a great week!!

Comments

Popular Posts