Casey's 4 Months!!

First of all I cannot believe I have neglected the blog for so long! As I was officially wrapping up my job things have been crazy but as of Tuesday I am officially a stay at home mom. Turned in my work PC, my iPhone and severed the ties. It was bittersweet but I haven't even thought twice about the decision recently. Casey is becoming so much more interactive and is awake longer periods and needs so much more of my attention and I just couldn't continue to split it between him and work. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be at home with him and so ready to start the next chapter of our lives together!!

So in Ceejy news he is 4 months old!!! How is that possible? We had his 4 month appointment and he weighed in at 14lb 6.3oz and was 25.5 inches long. He is perfect and got a clean bill of health. Because he is both formula and breastfed we are going to start solids at 5 months but we did start some juice this week and he loves it! Pear - not so much - but prune juice is his have! So funny because I love prunes, prune juice, baby prunes - all of it! He takes after his momma!


He is at such a fun age right now! Every single day is something new. We found our feet (or as momma calls them our "pigs") a while ago but just this week discovered that they can go in our mouth! He also is loving listening to his voice and does a lot of squeaking and squealing to the point where momma and daddy call him "squeaks". He's in 6 month clothes and is almost too long for them but isn't even close to filling them out width wise. We are going to have to resort to cutting out the feet of his footie pjs!



This week we had some - ahem - bathroom issues after his 4 month vaccines and Casey was pretty stopped up - hence the juice. He was crying in pain every time he would try to go and went over 3 days with nothing. Monday was quite possibly the hardest day I've had as his momma so far. I felt like a failure. I couldn't do anything to soothe him, I felt like he was in pain and hurting and maybe he wasn't but I feel like he was just looking at me with eyes that screamed Momma make it all better. After the 3rd trip to the doc in a week and being told it's all normal I broke down on the phone to my momma and she literally dropped everything, threw an outfit in the car and drop 4.5 hours to spend the week with us. Life saver. Seriously - I do not know what I would do without her - she's amazing.  Chris' momma also came over Tuesday and they tag teamed Casey while I went to my farewell party! He was happy as a clam and has been all week!

Again, I'm so sorry I have neglected the blog for so long - from here on out with more time I would love to blog much more frequently so here's hoping!! I want to share with you a few of my favorite pics from the past few weeks - my little munchkin is just getting so big!


Ready to watch his first bears game!

Happy even at the doc's!

Always with his monk monk

Shopping for dinner with momma!

First time in the highchair - our new Friday night Mexican



Long before he was here ZZ would sit on the high chair - now she just sits and stares at him!

XOXO
K




Comments

Popular Posts