Motivation Monday - All about that bass

Hello everyone and happy Monday!! We had a busy weekend at the Wiklund household. Friday afternoon I headed out to my in-laws and we did dinner and attempted an outdoor concert but by the it was time for the concert to start Ceejy was tapped out so we had to move our dessert and wine back to their place! This was also Ceejy's first sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa Wiklunds! :) After a delicious pancake and bacon breakfast we came home and lazes around all day until the 3 of us went our for Mexican and froyo. Sunday we went shopping and had Auntie A over for homemade Mexican - I swear Ceejy was born wearing a sombrero with all the Mexican food I did/continue to eat! :)

So today CJ and I are recovering from the weekend and having a NetFlix marathon in the basement while we try sleeping flat on our back in the pack n play - sounds easy right - not so much. But I'll save that for a different post! Today is about motivation Monday!

So I promise to take some progress pics soon because I actually feel like I'm starting to get there! I still have a little less than 20 lbs to lose which means to date since he was born I've lost about 30. I am fully OK with the 9 months on 9 months off rule - so being that he's just about 4.5 months I'm pleased to have shed a little over half. And I know I'll never be the weight I was before Ceej came along and I'm ok with that!

For some reason something seems to be clicking with my weight loss. I'm not sure if it's the treadmill we bought and the increased cardio but even when I'm not the best food wise (hello burger and dessert Friday and Mexican Saturday and Sunday) - I still manage to lose weight! Before Ceej at my lowest when I was just maintaing I would gain 2-4 lbs over the weekend and lose it all back during the week. Now - I am consistently losing - weekends and all - yay!

But what I wanted to focus on today is one of my current favorite songs by Megan Trainor "All About that Bass." If you haven't heard it do yourself a favor and follow this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

So the song may be a little silly but it's the lyrics that hit home every single time I listen to it. A few of my favorites are…

Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do
Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
And all the right junk in all the right places

I just LOVE this - it's so perfect! You will see when you look at the video Megan isn't a size 2 but damn she's gorgeous and looks great and girl can shake it! I like the encouragement that you don't have to be a stick to be beautiful and attractive.

I see the magazine, workin' that Photoshop
We know that shit ain't real
C'mon now, make it stop

This lyric also really gets to me and hits home. You see models and actresses in magazines and movies and think damn how is she so perfect - and the answer often times is she isn't. Photoshop is an amazing thing and it's very sad that all of us are chasing this unattainable image of what we think is beautiful that was essentially created with a computer. This is one of my favorite buzz feed posts about photoshop - totally eye opening

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/17-mesmerizing-before-after-photoshop-gifs

Yeah, my mama she told me don't worry about your size
She says boys like a little more booty to hold at night
You know I won't be no stick figure silicone Barbie doll
So if that's what you're into then go ahead and move along

LOVE this! My momma totally taught me this - she raised both my brother and I that it doesn't matter what you look like - what size you are - none of it. It matters what is inside - that's all that counts. That sounds so cliche but it is so so true. Even when I was at my heaviest and almost 200 lbs and a size 16 - I felt beautiful and never questioned that one bit. As a matter of fact it was only when I started losing weight and getting fit that I became self conscious because people started to notice and encourage it which made me feel terrified of ever getting heavy again and letting anyone down.

So what's all this non sense about some silly pop song that I'm rambling about? All I'm trying to say is to love yourself. You are beautiful and perfect just the way you are. That isn't to say not to work out, or eat right, or want to be fit and healthy - but love yourself - no matter your size, age, weight - whatever. I'm learning to love myself despite of what the scale says because at the end of the day I have family and friends that love me, a son that absolutely adores me - and honestly there is MUCH more to life than being a skinny size 2. So I'll leave you with the last of my favorite lyrics…

But I'm here to tell ya
Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts