A letter to my future DIL/SIL

To my future daughter/son in law,

First I must say if my son has chosen you you must be very very special because I know he sure is. He's only (almost) 7 months old right now but let me tell you - he is amazing - but I'm sure you have already discovered that. 

Casey (or Ceej, CJ, Case, Raberson, McRaberson as we call him right now) is our miracle and I'm sure if I haven't told you how he was conceived or brought into this world I will. Case has always liked to throw us for loops - from the very beginning of our pregnancy with a big scary hemorrhage to his heart rate dropping off the charts during labor - he sure keeps us on our toes and reminds us everyday that he is special.

We literally have shed blood, sweat and tears for this little boy and he has completed our family and made us feel whole in a way we never imagined possible. I had no clue a piece of me was literally missing until I held him for the first time. So please understand while I'm sure that we will love you - he picked you after all - this may be a little hard for this momma bear.

I look forward to your wedding day already - there are actually afternoons where Case and I are dancing around the house and I tell him "one day you andma will dance like this at your wedding." I can't wait for all the fun that we will have - from showers, to parties, rehearsals and the big day. But please know a part of me is already scared for that day because remember that part about this little man making me whole - well all though it isn't entirely true that he will forget his momma he will be yours now and I know I the beginning it will feel like that piece of me is missing once again.

So please, be sure to visit often, don't move too far away (I'm already praying you are a nice Chicago gal/guy) and understand why his momma might be a little all up in his business. I can't wait to see the family the two of you become one day, the children you will have if you choose that will give me the title "grandma" and the great adventures you will experience.

Please take good care of my son, take care of his heart, treat him well, be a good partner and tell him you love him every single day like we do. And remember he may be your man but he'll always always be my baby.

With lots of love, 
Momma W

Comments

Popular Posts