Ode to the cubbies

There's "Take me out to the ballgame" and there's "Go, Cubs Go!" but my favorite Cubbies song of all? Eddie Vedder's  "All the Way". If you haven't heard it listen now - I'll drop the link below. It's pretty fantastic and as stupid as this sounds sometimes makes we want to cry. I will be honest I haven't been a lifelong Cubs fan - I didn't grow up around Chicago so I haven't spent 34.5 years pining for a victory - but I have to say some of my favorite memories of the past 15 years were at Wrigley Field. Chris and I bleed Cubbie blue and even decided to sell our first home and move down to Wrigleyville a block from the stadium to immerse ourself in the fun loving culture that is Cubbies baseball.

I wanted to share some of my favorite lines of my favorite song as well as some of my favorite memories throughout the years of our beloved Cubbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqHTScDBsDU

"Don't let anyone say that it's just a game. For I've seen other teams and it's never the same..."

Down on the field pre game!


Soriano and Fontenot back in the day


Reed Johnson hanging out during BP

Bob Brenly was the best

What's up Len?

"Our heroes wear pinstripes, heroes in blue, give us the change to feel like heroes too..."





Hanging with Billy Williams in a box for Fidelity Day

Nothing Better than an afternoon at Wrigley


So many fun memories in the Bleachers




Cubbies tour - locker room time



Lots of fun Zambrano memories









"We are one with the Cubs, with the Cubs we're in love"






Press box hangs

Let's just all take a minute to mourn the loss of those arms and muscles. Holy hell....

Bleachers for Cubs/Cards


3 of my favorite Theta Tau Boys

"There's magic in the ivy and the old scoreboard"

Cubs/Brewers in Milwaukee


 "There's magic in the ivy and the old scoreboard"





Down on the field by the ivy - one of my favorite pics ever




 Home plate

"United we stand and united we'll fall, down to our knees the day we win it all"



We kind of broke off of the tour and snuck into the weight room!


Beer and peanuts anyone?

"In the same ball park our diamond, our jewel, the home of our joy and our tears. Keeping traditions and wishes made new. A place where our grandfathers, fathers they grew, a spiritual feeling if I ever knew, and if you ain't been I am sorry for you."



Beep beep!


I'm sure it's in there!


The infamous underground batting cages




NLDS Game 2 2007



Ceej's first game at less than 2 months old



Those sweet pigs



View from the rooftop of our Wrigleyville pad

Some of our most fun pre-kids days were spent in Wrigleyville

"And when the day comes with that last winning run, and I'm crying and covered in beer. I'll look to the sky and know I was right to think someday we'll go all the way"


XOXO
K




Comments

Popular Posts