Week 26!

Once again I'm dying to tell you all we are officially in the 3rd trimester and have less than 13 weeks until we meet our little nugget - but alas this week we talk week 26!! 

This week was a tough one for me - I did my awesome 80's workout on Sunday while watching the games with the hubby but come Monday I just felt off and was having a lot of back pain and my belly felt weird but luckily it passed by Tuesday and I got my energy back thank goodness!! And by the end of the week - cupcakes were very necessary. Let's not talk about how I had one for breakfast this morning and the other on my drive home last night hehe! 



This week was pretty quiet for us - I am slowly starting to prepare for maternity leave and trying to put everyone in the office in a good spot to handle things while I'm out. We identified a temporary contractor that will replace me during my leave and she will start a week from Monday! If I'm honest I'm a little nervous about transitioning all of my stuff by February and being bored and going out of my mind in March but we'll see how it goes! 

Many people ask me often if I plan to go back, do I want to be a stay at home mom and what my plans are. There is no easy answer to this question. Right now Baby Wik pretty much has my whole heart! He or she isn't even here yet but I'm obsessed and head over heels in love with this little one already! On the flip side I love working and love the sense of self and independence it gives me.

I have a ton of respect for both stay at home moms and working moms. I think they both have equally hard jobs. To be a working mom you are juggling a career and the demands that come along with that while also trying to juggle being a mom. And stay at home moms - wow. I truly believe it is the ultimate selfless sacrifice and it only makes me sad that every mother doesn't have the opportunity to be a SAHM if she so chooses.

I know that doesn't answer the question - but the short answer is yes I do plan to return to work. I plan to take a bit of an extended leave - 4 months instead of the traditional 3 - so my current last day is tentatively scheduled for March 28th and I'll return August 1st. 

Other than that - not much going on in the Wiklund household! I got a very special package from one of my favorite IGers RaShelle this week with the cutest little crabby pants outfit! Cannot wait to road trip to OH this summer to meet her, her adorable daughter and one of my other IG faves Kelli! Had a very nice dinner with Chris' boss last night - he was a very gracious host and the 3 of us had a great night! It's off to Mexican for us now on this crazy snowy day - hope you are all having a great weekend!


Oh and not to forget - week 27's bump pic!!


XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts