Full Term Baby!!

Where did the time go? Seriously - I do not know how we are full term already. And even crazier - as I write this we are 38 weeks 3 days - the majority of babies are born between 38-42 weeks…O.M.G. I cannot believe it could be any day now when Baby Wik decides to make his or her grand entrance into this beautiful world! My doctor started this week's appointment with "Are you ready?" - which was totally cute and fun! We are so ready for Baby and cannot believe that it's almost time!

I've been feeling great and the weather is finally feeling a little like spring here in Chicago so I am one happy momma! This past week was my first week working remotely. And I have to say a couple of things about that: 1. thank goodness Chris knew it was going to be a little tough for me and took a couple of "mental health" days off to hang with me my first two days at home - it made a huge difference for me in the transition and I could not be more thankful (love you QT!) and 2. if Baby decides to be late - I am going to go crazy! :) I am a total extrovert, people person. I thrive off being around people, getting up in the morning, getting dressed, hell even commuting was not that bad for me. Now, to get up and get showered and dressed in my yoga pants and know I may not leave the house is a very weird concept for me. I'm still feeling great so it's caused a little stir craziness - but there were a few days where it was nice enough to get out for a walk, I did a few lunchtime target/grocery runs and made the most of it. I just can't wait for Baby to get here so I can officially be on maternity leave and spend all day cuddling. For now - thank goodness I have my sweet fur babies to keep me company…






In other news - Wrigs is such a crazy beast that when my parents came for a visit last week he got so excited, it was rainy outside, and he went nuts and slipped - legs flying every which way - and managed to hurt himself! We took him to the vet for x-rays and there was some swelling to they couldn't see too much but they suspected he tore the equivalent of his doggy ACL or MCL or whichever that is. He wasn't putting any weight on his back leg and we were so worried about him! Long story short - best case scenario the anti-inflammatories should help him while it heals on it's own - worst case scenario after 4 weeks of meds, if he's not better - we would need surgery. So he's been getting lots of love and cuddles this week and been totally pampered. Including a new ramp to get into mom and dad's bed - yes we went there….hahaha! He is slowly but surely getting the hang of it - he still have to be coaxed but we are getting there!

\

Other than that, we just finished Breaking Bad last night - I know - where have we been for the past 6 years - but OMG. Loved it!! It took us a while to actually get into it but then we would binge watch at least 3 a night!! Now we are sad - especially with Baby coming knowing that there will be lots of naps and couch snuggling time - we are looking for a new Netflix series to dive in to. We are thinking Sons of Anarchy but if you have any suggestions send them our way!

Now we just wait - patiently (or not so patiently) for Baby Wik's arrival! This last week's checkup went great and doc said keep doing what we are doing! Unless something changes, we won't have to worry about scheduling an induction until between weeks 41-42 to give us the best chance of a vaginal birth - but I may head down to my local acupuncture place next week after we hit the 39 or maybe even 40 week mark if we make it that far to try to coax baby out naturally before it would come to that! On the dilation front we've actually regressed a little it seems - at 36 we were at a 2.5 this week doc said a 2 - so we shall see! Can't wait to share the news with all of you!! Oh, and before I forget - our full term week 37 bump pic!!



XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts