October Memories

October was quite possibly one of our craziest months ever. 12 out of the 31 days we spent in the hospital with our sweet Maxy moose - almost half the month. To be honest the last 2 plus weeks seems like a whirlwind and sometimes I feel like we've been here months, and the next minute I wonder where the last 16 days have went. But prior to our hospital stay we were able to sneak in some fun fall activities!

As I mentioned before I'm a sucker for fall and everything about it - basic I know. But on Labor day my fall decorations go up and it's on. This year was no different! Chris and I do compromise however and I usually do fall decorations (leaves and pumpkins - no jack-o-lanterns) for the month of September and then I pull out the spooky ghosts, jack-o-lanters, witches and full on Halloween decorations on October 1st. Then back to general fall and Thanksgiving for most of the month of November until I just can't stand the Christmas bug any longer. Then I stealthily decorate the house for Christmas furiously when Chris is at work and he has no choice but to embrace it haha.

I started the month off with an experience of a lifetime with my Dad. I'm a Daddy's girl and we bond over many things but sports - football in particular - and I was able to do something special for him on October 1st. We recently became Bears season ticket holders and as part of that we were given points for difference experiences and one of those experiences was to hold the American flag down on the field during the national anthem. How cool right?!?! So that's what we did and it was absolutely amazing! We were literally 5 feet away from the players as they ran out onto the field - so so very cool and something we won't soon forget.

So we made a few trips to some pumpkin patches which aside from Christmas festivities is probably my favorite activity all year. We did our annual trip to Bengston's which I just love with our friends. 4 mommas - 9 kiddos (we missed you Bella!!) and we had a blast! Then we took a trip to Sonny Acres as a family of 5. So much fun! Chris had went there as a child but this was my first time and it was absolutely adorable. And check out our family pic which I thought was amazing until I realize that Ceej had his hands down his pants - hahaha!

Then we found what might be my new favorite pumpkin patch - Abbey Farms. It's out in Aurora and is just so so cute. Far less commercialized than many of the others and you could literally spend all day there. Ceej was a beast whipping through the rope maze. One of the dads watching his kid was like he's going to be an army ranger one day haha!

Then we of course checked into the hospital for Maxy's surgery on the 19th. It was a day we had anticipated basically since he was born. As the day drew closer we got that pit in our stomach but knew we had to be strong for our little man. And you all know what's happened from there and here we are. It's November 3rd and we should be headed home today - hopefully!! - and I can't wait to have all of my babies under one roof. I also can't wait to have a Halloween do-over once we are all together!

XOXO
K

Cuddling with his baby brother

Of course we started the day with a blue moon

On the field holding the flag!! 

That sweet little Mimi Grace grin 

Apple day at Preschool

Here for the boos :)

My whole world - my sweet little pumpkins

I love love love these kiddos and their mommas

"We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have..."

These two - this will be on the wedding slide show

The bigs minus Bella!

Ceej turns 2.5 and we were able to keep the tradition of the half birthday cake alive!

Seeing Spookley with Ethan and Julie!

Sonny Acres!

Holy smokes we make GORGEOUS kids

Meeting his icon "Achoo"

Babies' first hayrides

Maxy's pre-op blood draw and smiling still

The first time Meemer Gace stood up in her crib! 

Choo Choo hangs with my loves

Obsessed with the huge bunny at Abbey Farms

The epitome of motherhood - trying to pee in a public bathroom while holding the toddler's pumpkin donut while he touches everything he shouldn't

Pre op and smiling

Passed out on momma

After surgery - such a champ

Hoping this scar is a distant memory of how much of a fighter this little man is really soon

Mimi's first Halloween

Mimi's first time trick or treating

Wagon rides post op!

All Halloween season he kept telling me he wanted to be a bee

He's been dubbed "wagon baby"

My little monster

Such a happy baby

Park hangs with Auntie Kristin

A local celebrity around these parts

Halloween night trick or treating with Daddy!



Comments

Popular Posts