Monkey is 1 Month!

One of my favorite nicknames for Ceej is Monkey - poor kid he probably will never know his name is really Casey because we seldom call him that! It's either Monkey, Ceej, CJ Rabbit, CJ, Monka or about a million other names besides Casey. :) Anyhoo…..

CJ is one month - how in the heck is this even possible?



He's so cute here and looks so unsure of himself! It just so happened that Daddy worked from home on his 1 month birthday so we got to hand out as a family that day!! I still cannot believe that it's been a month since this sweet boy came into our lives. Seriously - I do not know why I did before this little one. At 1 month Casey LOVES to pull hair - hard! - and he loves to have a bath. At his one month well baby check he was in the 21% for all babies weight wise weighing in at alb 12.4oz and was in the 95% of all babies for height at 22.5 inches long! He's in 3mo. PJs because of his height but swims in most of them since he's a skinny little munchkin! He LOVES the whale sound on his sleep sheep - we take whales EVERYWHERE and he loves stroller walks and car rides! He's a champ at peeing out diapers, hates tummy time, but loves looking at himself in the mirror on his playmat! 

So for now I'm a stay at home mom for the next 7 weeks and let me tell you - I have a whole new respect for stay at home moms - and Casey is in the easy stage!! He sleeps for two hour stretches during the day so I get my cuddles in, then he naps and I take are of stuff but being a SAHM is no joke. Both my mom and Chris' mom stayed home with us and I've always had serious respect for all moms who stay home but now that I realize what it takes that only grows every single day. Most days I find myself looking at the clock and thinking how in the heck is it 4 pm already? But all that said - I love it. I love being able to spend the days with him, listen to his cute little grunts and sounds, and watch him when he sleeps. :)

This week was a busy one for us with play dates and nice long walks. If there are any stay at home moms out there feeling isolated or alone I would encourage you to look for stay at him mom groups in your neighborhood. This week I used meet up.com to find a group right here in our neighborhood and attended a play date at the park with a few of them. It was great to meet other moms right here close to home and be able to trade advice and secrets. Then, as you all know I am part of a pretty large infertility community through instagram there are literally hundreds of us all over the world and I'm fortunate enough to have quite a few of them here in the Chicagoland area. We all met for the first time this week at the zoo and we had a blast!! I already cannot wait to do it again and have set up a shopping date with my girl Marissa for this week and another large group this Friday with one of our TTC sisters from New Jersey visiting town! These are some pretty spectacular ladies and I can't wait to meet more of them!



Despite his I don't care look Casey had a great time at the zoo with his new friends! (This also happens to be one of my favorite pics of him!)


Other than that we got the final two pieces to finish of Casey's nursery and I could not be happier with them! We got an amazing deal on his canvas from our photographer and to see it in person is simply amazing!



I also had my first few hours away from Casey and literally as soon as I stepped on the El I missed him! I had a hair appointment and it was the longest 2.5 hours of my life! But I came home to this which simply melted my heart…


I hope that everyone has a great weekend!! I must leave you with my view this morning :)

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts