Motivation Monday!!

So as many of you know I was a fitness freak before CJ - to the extreme. Well let me take a step back - I wasn't always a gym rat. Growing up and in my high school, college and early post college years I struggled with my weight - always. I would yo yo and fad diet with the best of them but overall I was content being a little on the heavier side - or at least wheat I thought was heavy (in reality I was about a size 16 which I feel is pretty average these days). About 5-6 years ago I took up running - half marathons to be exact - and actually got pretty thin - too thin if you ask me. I was obsessed - to the point where I wasn't enjoying life. I would be scared if I ate a cookie, going out drinking and spending the day with friends was a source of anxiety because I knew that I would be tempted to eat and drink things that I shouldn't - and in the spirit of me being open and honest on this blog about my life and everything in it - I had unhealthy habits from time to time including making myself throw up after a night of eating what I considered a bunch of "bad food". This didn't happen often and I'm certainly not proud of it - but from time to time it did.

Probably my thinnest ever at around 130 pounds

Fastforward to IVF - and honestly I've never wanted anything so bad in my life I was willing to do whatever it took to make our dreams come true. So my days of crazy two hour sessions at the gym were over. I was focused on still being healthy but not killing myself. Making sure I was eating a healthy, well balanced diet and cutting back and giving up exercise at certain times. By the time we conceived CJ I had put on about 10 pounds and was about 140. 

One of my first bump pics at about 140 pounds

Once I got pregnant with Ceej I was one of the lucky ones who never had morning sickness but has crazy food aversions. Basically anything healthy I all of the sudden didn't like. We used to eat a lot of lean protein (chicken) and vegetables - all I wanted was pasta and carbs. Plus, I think so many years of restricting myself and watching so closely what I ate - I thought to myself this is the only 9 months that I can eat what I want and not think twice. No one will judge me, I don't have to worry about gaining weight - I went hog wild - literally. I'm not proud of it - while it was fun - I wish that I had been healthier because I am certainly paying for it now. Don't get me wrong - I would gain 100 pounds if it meant having a healthy baby like I did with Ceej - but when it comes time for baby #2 I will definitely be healthier. Throughout my pregnancy I gained about 47 pounds - the day I delivered Ceej I was 187.

The day my water broke at 187

So where am I going with all this? Today at 4 weeks post partum - it's time to get back on track. Nothing crazy - but it's time to get some of this weight back off and be healthy for my little guy. I've already started on the food train by making healthier choices and today marked my first post partum workout. I know so many new moms and mommas to be and I thought that I would share my weight loss journey - just as I did my pregnancy with CJ - in hopes that it helps someone else!! 

So where am I today? Not where I would like to be - that's for sure! But I keep reminding myself they say it takes 40 weeks to put it on and 40 weeks to take it all off (let's hope it's not rally going to take that long!). This morning I weighed in at 174 pounds. (Did I seriously just put my weight out there for all to see? Eek!!) So I've only lost 13 pounds since having CJ - almost 8 of which was him - haha! So here are some pics I took today as the before shots (am I really doing this?)




Because everyone looks better with clothes on right? 

So what am I doing to start? Food wise - as you all know I'm having milk supply issues - so I'm not doing anything crazy there. I'm loading up on oats, supplements, and a beer a day - and it's working - so I won't be messing with any of that! So I plan to make it up in exercising! Today CJ and I had a meet up group at a local park so I got a little bit of walking in but then I kicked off my journey with Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout. This was one of my old favorites when I didn't feel like hitting the gym but wanted to feel the burn. It's all strength and toning work and only one section actually uses light weights - Tracy's goal is to build lean, long, feminine muscles. The DVD is super cheap on amazon but if I'm lazy I always just you tube it and do it straight from the computer.

It was interesting working out with CJ - I got about 10 minutes in before he started crying for a "snack" - so an hour later I was able to get back at it and finish the video - but I wouldn't have it any other way! So to all you new mommas and mommas to be - I hope that this inspires you - if you want - to do this along with me. I'll be posting weekly tips, workouts, and possibly even meal and snack ideas that I come across to help us all get there. No matter what your goals - it's all about being happy and healthy - it's not about a number on a scale or the size of your pants - so that's why I'm not saying my goal is XXX - I just want to feel happy, healthy and confident for this little guy!



XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts