Motivation Monday...A Day Late

Hi Everyone!! Again - so sorry for being MIA - a holiday weekend mixed with a 7 week old and time just flies! 7 week old - did I just say that? I cannot believe my sweet baby boy is already 7 weeks old. Last night Chris and I went to put on his PJs and I had had this really cute pair from Patty and Christy (thanks ladies) from our shower. They were 3 month and one of my favorites. We put him in them - already too short! I am not kidding - it's so sad! So they are being washed and put away for baby #2 one day and Ceej and mommy will be going shopping today! And I just have to share a few pics of Ceej's 6 week chalkboard session - such a stud!





So now the task at hand - motivation monday. So you all know it was almost a month ago where I committed to getting fit again and really starting to work at it. Well - I suck. I really have not kept up with it like I should have. I've had a few good days - and a few solid stretches of a few days - but I have disappointed myself for sure. I have used every excuse in the book - at first it was well you just had a baby a month ago - you don't really have to try that hard just yet, most don't work out for 6 weeks (although my doc said with the birth I had I would be OK at a month). Then it was well we have this or that special occasion so forget about it - I'll just eat bad for that whole day and then I'll get back on track. Then it was Memorial Day weekend and honestly - I went crazy food wise (thanks for the s-mores cake mom) and "gained" almost 4 pounds this weekend. So where does this leave me? Annoyed with my lack of progress and also annoyed that it's all my fault.

And just to caveat it - it's not about a number on the scale for me or even a size (although I'm not happy with the size I am right now) - but it's more about being healthy above all else and second of all feeling good and confident in my own skin. So today I am resolving to actually do this. No more excuses. We have tons of family parties coming up - birthdays, graduations, etc. - so there is going to be a lot of temptation but the buck stops here. I've done it before and I will do it again.

I've been toying with the idea of doing the Whole30 plan. It's a 30 day way of clean eating that aims to eliminate certain food groups that could be negatively impacting your health and fitness levels. This includes eliminating sugar, grains, dairy and legumes. There are no calories or points to count, just foods you can have and foods you must avoid - and by avoid they mean not even so much as a lick off a spoon of cake batter, not one splenda packet - zero cheating. The website as well as people  I know that have done it say to see the best results you must not cheat. There are two problems with that for me 1. I am legitimately addicted to Stevia - LOVE it. and 2. I'm not sure I can give up my Friday Mexican nights. I've heard this is a great way of eating for nursing moms which is my number one concern right now when it comes to diet and exercise - making sure it doesn't negatively impact my supply. So if anyone has done Whole30 and loved it or has any advice - I would love to hear it and be encouraged because everything in me says do it - but I'm just too chicken.

So these past few weeks haven't been a total bust. I have taken some nice very long, brisk walks and managed to squeeze a few days of yoga in - but I swear CJ has an internal alarm that when momma turns on an exercise video he instantly wakes from a nap. I think he likes the extra cushion on momma!  But part of my new found motivation is learning that my favorite class at the gym - Les Mills' BodyPump is now sold as a DVD package through Beach Body. I was stoked. Body pump is a program meant to tone and strengthen your whole body with tons of reps, great music and a barbell. I know with CJ it will be hard for me to find time to actually go to scheduled classes at the gym so I thought this would be great! So I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival (should be here today or tomorrow) and I am looking forward to working with my new coach Amanda who will help hold me accountable and track my progress. Seriously - if you are looking for a fun, challenging workout that will give you serious results - you should check it out.



So I hope that by next week I am able to come to you and tell you I've kept up with eating healthy and working out and I am back on track. But for now - if you have any tips or tricks or words of advice or even a you get it girl - I would love that and could so use it!!

Oh and one last thing - after 7+ weeks we slept in our bed for the very first time last night - it was pure heaven! Since the night before my water broke we have slept on the couch! It was great - CJ was in his rock n play right beside my side of the bed and I'm so glad we made the move. I'm hoping it will help me get some more sleep and re-energize me! Hope that everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day and can't wait to share some good progress news with you next week!!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts