Ceejy's Half Birthday!

Wow I cannot believe it is time to talk about my sweet little man being 6 months old - a whole 1/2 a year! Really!?!?!? Seriously where has the time gone?

This past month was a big one for us - we got out first two teeth right around 5.5 months - so crazy!! He started sleeping really well for a few days and I knew something was up - he was either sick or a tooth was about to pop. He started going crazy on Sofie the giraffe and I felt and bam - tooth #1! Literally 3 days later we got the second bottom middle tooth! They are so cute! Here's the best pic I've been able to get so far!


Never having had any other babies I am convinced this is the most fun age! He's getting so independent and literally every single day he learns a new skill. It's so much fun to see him grow. He now sits unassisted and loves to sit in the floor and play with his toys. He has proven to us he can roll both ways - but refuses to do so most of the time. I have no doubt he will be crawling soon as he's already scooting a few inches here and there. Tummy time used to be a fight for us but now that he's getting stronger and stronger he tolerates it better everyday! 


We got the full go ahead from the doc to have at it with solids and feed two normal meals a day as much as he wants. This boy LOVES to eat. We buy his food in the pouches and he eats on average about two pouches for lunch and two for dinner!!! His favorite so far is peach, pear and kale. He also loves prunes! We are still going strong nursing and with the solids and just being entirely too busy to pause to eat he barely takes a bottle these days. At his 6 month appointment he was 16lbs 11oz and 26.75 inches long with a head circumference of 45.5cm - my little egghead! He took his 6 month shots like a champ - no side effects!!

I honestly cannot believe we have made it this far with our nursing relationship. As I mentioned, he is busier and busier every day and nursing seems to be the last thing on his mind so every time I nurse him I appreciate those moments as I never know when he may just decide he's done with his milkies. I remember the early nursing days - where it hurt like hell and I wasn't sure I was making enough and I think about all the blood, sweat and tears and honestly - I am damn proud of myself. Nursing hasn't been easy for us but we've made it work!! 

We had an all out celebration for Ceej's half birthday - it may seem silly to some but I want him to always know he is special and always worth celebrating - no matter the occasion. We started the day with a trip to the toy store in our big boy car seat. I know I mentioned before he hated his infant bucket seat (we had the Chicco Keyfit 30) and I recently bought him the highly anticipated Britax Boulevard Click Tight and we LOVE it! No more fussing in the car - none! Total life saver!


We then had music class, got to sing our favorite song - The Grand Ole Duke from York - and took a walk. Then during afternoon nap mommy went into party set up mode! We had half a cake, a few presents including his favorite - Mickey that sings "The Hot Dog Song" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He was one happy boy! No taste of cake till his first birthday but this was the first present he ever got to open!






So that's about it for our 6 month update - here are the 6 month pics I took of him along with some of my other faves from this month!!





Thanks for the cute shirt Gran!

Total Beefcake

The new way we shop!


Soaking up some vitamin D on the back deck

Super Ceej

The obligatory skeleton PJs

He will hate me for this one day

Light reading at target

So not impressed

Pumpkin patch with Gran




We are learning to use sippys' slowly but surely


We took a trip to Door County and had a blast!






This month we ditched the infant attachment and started sitting like a big boy in our stroller!

Daddy and Ceej behind enemy lines - Lambeau Field. Notice Ceej's mean mug



Always with the tongue out these days!


Ceej sticking his tongue out at the Packers!


XOXO
K







Comments

Popular Posts