Baby Wik is so loved!!

This past Saturday my mom and sister in law Ashley threw Baby Wik's first official shower (other than my surprise work shower). It was a perfect day! They totally outdid themselves!! Because as you all know we don't know what Baby Wik is yet they went with an adorable pastel color scheme and I just loved it!! My mom's good friend Jeanna put together all the balloons and diaper cakes and when we walked in I was just blown away!





The cake table was an open crib that was just beautiful and reminded me so much of Baby Wik's crib in his/her nursery (which I'll share in the next post - the crown is up!!) And the cake was just beautiful and so deelish!



Baby Wik got so many amazing gifts and is totally spoiled already!! And everyone brought a book to start baby's library which is awesome! We hadn't gotten too many yet but now we have enough stories to get us through a few months of bedtimes thanks to some great storybook collections from Great Aunt Dena and Great Aunt Chris!


So funny - everyone has followed the blog but hasn't seen me for a while - since Christmas. The second everyone saw me and my bump - they are all now convinced beyond a doubt that Baby Wik is a boy! Even my mom who was hoping for a little princess admits Baby is likely a boy! This little one is going to surprise us all if it comes out a girl!


My sweet sis in law Ash who helped organize and throw the shower! So sweet and so blessed to call her my sister :)

Ash set up a onsie decorating station which I loved! We had to make some funny ones - totally my sense of humor!!



Dad was soooo intense when he was decorating his onsie. This might have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I almost want to frame his and put it up in the baby's room! He's going to make the best grandpa ever :)

And of course you can't forget Grammy - she is so proud and happy already! She loves baby to the moon and back already and I have a feeling they are going to be best buddies!


So funny - some might find this onsie offensive and if so - I am sorry - but this was an inside joke with Chris and I - we had seen the following two onsies on a website and was thinking of ordering them but thought it would be even more special to make them ourselves! We are very thankful that God put people on this earth smart enough to figure out how to help people like us make babies and we embrace the fact that without science none of this would be possible at all.



My cousin Meg who couldn't make it (we missed you!!) made the COOLEST diaper wreath - such a great idea!!



The girls set up a photbooth complete with fun props and chalkboards - coolest idea ever! And as you can see - we all enjoyed it!!




We feel so incredibly blessed to have been able to share this with our family and friends - the past 34 weeks have been a heck of a ride and to be able to see everyone come together and support and love Baby Wik just as much we do was amazing and it touched our hearts! We cannot wait until our little miracle is here and we can share him/her with the world.

And one last huge THANK YOU to mom, Ashley and Jeanna - you ladies outdid yourselves - Chris and I just loved every single moment! Love you girls!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts