Casey is 2 months!

Holy smokes how did this happen? I have a two month old!?!?! These past two months have been two of the happiest most joyful months of my life. I loved Casey so so much when I was pregnant but it was nothing compared to the love I have for this little nugget now. I miss him when he's sleeping, I love every little thing he does and I am so so happy to have the privelige of being his momma.


I cannot believe how big he is getting! We had his 2 month well baby check and he was 24.5 inches long - the 95th percentile! He was only 11lbs 5oz which is still in the high 20's percentile wise but he is growing just as he should! He is going to be our tall and skinny little man!

At 2 months he smiles at us like crazy - especially when he wakes up. He just gets this big ole grin and will coo like crazy! He hates tummy time with a passion but loves mirrors! He is a huge fab of his swing and loves hanging out in it. We go for walks most everyday and he is a great napper! He isn't too bad at night either - he normally wakes once in the middle of the night and then around 4am.

Here are some of my most recent favorite pics of my little peanut 






I also realized I haven't given you a nursing update in a while. I actually have some great news to report - I think thjngs are getting a bit better!! When I took Casey to the lactation station last week he transferred 2 and 2/3 ounces from me - up from 2 oz the previous time! Almost a 50% increase?!? I'll take it!

I cut out the oatmeal and lactation cookies now that I'm doing Whole30 and have seen no change in my supply which is great as I was worried it might hurt it! I have added alfalfa, blessed thistle, and goats rue to my fenugreek each day (thanks Holly and Rita!) and have seen an improvement!! I take about 30 pills a day but so so worth it! I am also still pumpin after each feeding so it's a total labor of love but I'm determined!

The one thing I wish for all mommas was that nursing was more talked about. I feel like it's on the same realm as infertility - people don't talk enough about it. I think a lot of mommas think it's easy - I sure did and for some I think it is. But for me - when it didn't come easy I was totally shocked and felt like a failure. I felt like wow I can't even feed my baby. I truly think it more mommas were open about their struggles or even their successes as I am - it would be easier for new mommas starting their nursing journeys. One of the ladies who I've become deal friend with through IG - Rach - recently mentioned she wanted to start a breastfeeding support group and I think that's an amazing idea!! I wish more mommas knew they weren't alone!

And in the spirit of supporting nursing mommas on all facets - including nursing in public - I would like to share the pic below with you. I don't consider it risqué or nudity - to me it's beautiful. My son is happiest when he is nursing - it's the most natural thing in the world to us and it's such a bonding experience. Furthermore - he hates being covered up when he's nursing - but I do it when we are in public for everyone else - not for us . Hoping putting this pic out there changes that...


XOXO
K










Comments

Popular Posts