Motivation Monday a Day Late!

Happy Tuesday everyone! I am writing my motivation Monday post a day late - so sorry! As you all know I have decided to be a SAHM but for now I am working a  few hours a day (through mid August) remotely to help get my company through the transition. Because of Casey and I working so hard on my milk supply I just cannot afford to be away from him for two full weeks all day and just pump so I am giving my company a two weeks notice - just spreading it out a bit :)

So motivation Monday (err Tuesday this week) - we meet again! So I have some good news and bad news. The good news- I am down almost into the 160's! Weighed in at 170 this morning for a total loss of almost 5lbs in 2 weeks. Don't worry - I don't want to keep that up - I feel 1 -1.5 lbs max is healthy - I really believe the rapid loss was the shock of whole 30. The bad news? I said "buh-bye" to whole 30. Why the hell would I do that after losing 5 lbs in 2 weeks? I will tell you why...

So Whole 30 is a very restrictive version of Paleo. As I mentioned before - no dairy, no legumes, no sugars of any kind, etc. If focuses on high quality lean meats, organic produce and healthy fats. It's a detox of sorts for your body. The only huge drawback in my opinion - it allows for ZERO cheat meals. Nothing. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. In the words of the great 90's show In Living Color - Homey Don't Play That.

I am all about eating healthy 95% of the time but I fully believe in a cheat meal or two. For me - as long as I can have what I want - food and alcohol wise - on Friday and Saturday dinners I can do any diet. I was in the best shape of my life and the thinnest I have ever been while eating what I wanted each week on Friday and Saturday nights. I embarked on Whole 30 to get rid of some of the bad habits we had picked up while I was pregnant - having to have pasta or rice with every meal, eating ice cream after dinner, etc. and for that purpose Whole 30 did not fail me. And I would like to continue to eat along the paleo guidelines - with the one exception being cottage cheese and yogurt. For some reason I feel like when those two things are missing from my life I am incomplete. Haha!

So Chris and I broke out Whole 30 with a bang! We had our first real long date night planned this past Saturday. We were going to go see one of our favorite bands O.A.R. at our favorite venue - Northerly Island here in Chicago. We were pumped. Well - mother nature had another idea. It poured and stormed like crazy - to the point where they wouldn't allow us into the venue and told us to seek shelter. Northerly is a LONG walk from civilization here in Chicago so by the time we got back to the South Loop with all the restaurants we were drenched. We ducked into Flo and Santos - a Polish and Italian restaurant and proceeded to chow down. Beer, Pizza, a big ole chopped salad and Paczki's for dessert. Oh yes we did! It was great. Emotional eating? Probably - but honestly we needed it and I tell you we bonded so well that night over something simple as pizza and beer and I don't regret one bite! We never made it to the concert - it was delayed too late and Casey was having a bad night so we came home - but I will probably never forget that night and the couple of hours we were able to reconnect.

So what's my plan going forward? I am going to follow Whole 30 and paleo for the most part because I do beleive in it. I am just going to do it my way. Without a cheat meal every now and then - right or wrong I just feel deprived - so I know going cold turkey from everything - including my Friday night nachos is just not for me! As far as working out I feel like I have that down pat for now! I was doing a lot of body combat and body pump but now that part of my day is spent working while Casey naps - I just don't have enough time for a long workout so I am doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Less than a half hour a day and it's killer! I was thinking about T25 or P90X3 but honestly I'm too cheap hehe! So for now Jill is my girl and I'm hoping I see some results!

In other news we took Casey to his first Cubs game this past week! It was overwhelming! As you know Wrigley is old - like 100 years old - and it's not so spacious. It was great weather but traveling with a 2 month old on the El, to the stadium in the tiny cramped seats, and finding spots for the Ergo and the diaper bags and the souvenirs we crazily bought when we got there (that honestly Casey had no clue we got him) haha was challenging. So it may be a little while before we take him again but we want to be sure we continue to try new things and test the boundaries with him. He is such a great and happy baby (as you can all probably tell by the 50,000 smiley pictures I post) and honestly can sleep through a tornado so the more we do with him the more comfortable he will be.


 
 
 


 
Casey also showed his team USA pride this week!
 
Seriously does it get any cuter?
 
And that's it for today folks! Hope you are all having a great day!
 
XOXO
K
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts