Motivation Monday!!

Well hello there! I am seriously so excited about today's Motivation Monday!! Why you ask? Because I have actually been super motivated this week!!! I have done some form of exercise every single day and I'm feeling great about it! Here's what has been going on over here!

So I am totally addicted to Les Mills Body Pump videos just as much as I was the class. It makes me feel good after I do the workout and I burn a good amount of calories and definitely feel it after. Here is my Polar watch stats after my Saturday morning session! Not too shabby for 47 minutes! That morning I also took my best bud Ceej out for a quick walk!

 
 
 
As much as I love pump and know lifting is super important to a fitness regime - I felt like I wasn't getting enough cardio and I actaully missed it. Que Les Mills Body Combat. Back when I was in the best shape of my life and we lived in Lakeview I did tons of Cardio Kickboxing and just loved it!! There was a trainer at the gym - Paul - that held a kick ass class and I was a religious attendee. Les Mills Body Combat is the closest workout I have found to Paul's classes and I am in love. You can actually find some videos of live, taped classes on you tube if you do some searching but beach body offered the DVDs on 50% sale last week so I snagged them up. The biggest thing I like about them is that you don't need equipment - if you have a laptop with a DVD drive you can do them anywhere! I am still waiting on them to arrive but this morning found a taped class online that was amazing and got one hell of a workout in a short period of time!
 
 
CJ and I also met up with a new group from meetup.com today for a Stroller Stroll. I think there were about 10 moms and we took a nice 2 mile walk - so much fun! Chris and I also began Whole 30 today! Many of you know what Whole 30 is but if you don't you should check it out. Here is the definition of Whole30 from their website:
 
Think of it as a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system. - See more at: http://whole30.com/step-one/#sthash.scji9Yr0.dpuf
 
So basically it tried to eliminate certain food groups that may be negatively impacting your energy, health and your waistline! I have wanted to do Whole 30 for a while now but I was always too scared - I have a HUGE sweet tooth and was an avid Splenda and Stevia lover - all of which are no nos on the plan. I thought how in the hell am I going to go 30 days without stevia? Furthermore you can't have dairy or beans - so now you are telling me I can't have my morning cup of coffee with skim milk and splenda? But I was tired of not seeing change. Tired of the scale not moving. And tired of eating things I know are not good for me and my health. So Chris and I decided together we were going to tackle this challenge. There's no food tracking, no calorie or fat counting - just eating wholesome, nutricious foods that are high quality and within the plan limits. Here is what I've eaten so far today and I must tell you I am feeling pretty satisfied! Oh and that cup of coffee?? Deelish with just a splash of unsweetened coconut milk - tastes like an almond joy!
 


 
So we will see how it goes - we are both determined so wish us luck. I'm starting at 174.2 and have taken measuremnts and the before pics below - ready to get this started!
 
I am also thinking of starting either an IG account or Facebook group for those of us wanting to help each other out with encouragement, recipes, tips - anything! I know there are tons of my girls who are in the early post partum days and looking for a little motivation and support so stay tuned - hopefully I'll have it up and running by the next Motivation Monday and we can encourage one another to get out there and move!
 
Hope you are all having a great start to your week!!
 
XOXO
K
 
 

 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts