Motivation Monday and a big announcement!

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday! I am very proud to report I am one week into Whole 30 and although you are not supposed to go near a scale I cheated and did and I am down 4 pounds! It ain't easy - trust me on that - but seeing it working is GREAT motivation!

I find that the actual eating part of whole 30 is easy. You eat fresh fruits, meats, and veggies with some good fats - coconut oil, olive oil, cashews, walnuts, avocados, etc. There is a list of stuff to avoid - dairy, sugar (real and artificial), legumes, alcohol, etc. So how hard could it be right? The hard part for me surprisingly is…eating enough!! I feel hungry all the time right now and I know it's because I am not eating enough or not eating the right combination of stuff. So when I finish a meal and I'm hungry I give it a little while - and then I eat some more! As a nursing mom who has had supply issues up the wazoo there is no way on God's green earth I am going to put my supply at risk so I've been finding my groove and what works for me with the Whole 30 plan to be sure I eat enough, follow the plan and don't have any supply issues.

I also have been working out faithfully! I have been doing alternating Body Pump and Body Combat DVDs and also throwing in walks with Case when the weather is nice. And let me tell you - now that he is over 12 pounds just lifting him in and out of his rock n play, his swing, the bathtub what have you is a work out in itself! Not to mention toting that car seat everywhere! I also try to stay active around the house when he is napping whether that be doing laundry, meal prepping or cleaning.

I have also started a private Facebook group for women called No Excuses. It's for women of all shapes , sizes and fitness levels. It's for non-moms, moms, moms to be and everyone in between - as long as you are a lady. It's a space to share workouts, motivation and recipes and so far I am loving it! It's so great to bounce ideas and meal planning methods off of one another and to kind of remember in the back of your mind that you are accountable to a group of people.

This weekend was my first real test. We took Casey on his first road trip to my parent's house and home holds such a special place in my heart. My folks still live in the house I grew up in. So when I go home it's the ultimate comfort for me. And normally the first thing I do when I walk in the door - no joke - is eat. This weekend I was tempted with Mexican food - my favorite, cake - my second love and all sorts of other delicious, unhealthy and certainly non-Whole 30 friendly things. You want to know how many of those things I indulged in? ZERO. And you want to know how many pounds I gained this weekend? ZERO. I used to gain a few pounds on the weekend, lose them through the week, gain a few, lose a few - vicious cycle.

Also, Friday was a super stressful day - long drive, trying to get everything packed and ready without forgetting anything and to top it all off Casey had his first major spit up episode. I know I know we are lucky to have went two months without one but this was like something out of the Exorcist with milk just pouring out of his mouth. I was a frustrated, tired and scared momma and all I wanted to do was eat something bad. Literally covered in spit up and freaking out the first thing other than omg is Casey ok that came to my mind was well screw Whole 30 now - I'm stressed and I want to eat something bad. That's such an unhealthy reaction - a reaction where food is completely tied to my emotions - and a cycle I'm trying like hell to break. And thank goodness - having a defined plan like Whole 30 kept me honest and I had a few cherries and was a ok!

In other news…I have officially decided to be a stay at home mom. I know a few of you know already or have asked and I may have danced around the subject because honestly I wasn't sure what I was going to do. On one hand I loved being a career woman and the independence that comes along with it but on the other hand I spend my days now with this beautiful miracle that we created who is constantly learning and doing new things and getting cuter (and bigger!) by the minute. After lots of talks with Chris and my parents, a lot of internal debate, and about a million kisses from Case later - I decided I just cannot leave him.

It's not forever and this decision isn't for everyone - and I in no way think it's the right choice for every family. I know we are so very fortunate for me to be able to have the chance to stay home - and it won't be easy and things will have to change - no more shopping sprees at target and fancy handbags - but that is ok. Honestly I am happy spending my days in my yoga pants with Casey and watching him explore the world around him. I don't want to miss him rolling over, or crawling, or saying Ma-ma for the first time and I thank God literally every day that I am able to do this.

So for now - I like to consider myself on a long sabbatical. I'm not exiting the workforce forever - only until my kiddos head to school. In the meantime I would like to try to find things to ensure I don't lose my identity and become just "Casey's Mom". As special as that is - and as much as I cherish it - I think it's important for mom's to maintain a sense of who they are when they stay at home. So SAHMs - if you have any tips send them my way!

I hope you all have a great start to your week!

XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts