Keeping busy during our TWW...

Where did the weekend go? I feel like I ask myself this every Sunday night! We are smack dab in the middle of our two week wait - our beta is Friday! It's seemed like it has went pretty fast because we have been trying to keep super busy! This weekend started with a little shopping and our usual Friday night tradition - Mexican! We have always had "our Mexican place" in whatever city we have lived in. At Purdue in West Lafayette it was El Rodeo, when we go to my folks house it's La Charreada, when we lived in Westmont it was Mi Hacienda and now for the past 4 years it's been Las Mananitas in Boystown. It's our Friday tradition and we are not happy campers when we can't make it happen! At our current place - Las Man as we call it - they know us and we are greeted warmly every weekend and it feels like home!



Saturday started with acupuncture, a 15 mile training run for the hubby, a little lazing around the house, I prepped some care packages for some very special ttc sisters, and then it was time for the main event...Lollapalooza!! We had never been so we really had no clue what to expect but we had a blast! We were able to meet up with some friends we hadn't seen in a while and the weather was absolutely perfect - we could not have asked for a better day!

 Such dorks!

 We have arrived!! 




 The hubs deciding the plan of attack!



 The Lumineers were awesome - as was the dude behind us singing every word to every song - he totally could have been in the band!


 God I love Chicago!

 This pic was taken by a girl who was clearly on drugs of which I have never even heard of. We assumed the pic would be either terrible or she'd steal my phone - turns out it was one of my favorite pics ever!


Today we did a little birthday shopping with my birthday coupons - love it! Around here the princess - a.k.a. Moi! celebrates her birthday month starting with all the free coupons that start rolling in in the mail! A little laundry, some fro-yo and a boiling pot of chill and here we are - Sunday night - getting ready to settle in for the first Sunday Night Football of the season. Sure it's the Hall of Fame game and it's pretty lame but football is back baby and we could not be more excited!!

Wrigs peeking out at me from the hole that goes from our laundry room to our master closet - we love teasing him!

 Birthday coupons are the best!

Yummmm...

I want to leave you with two videos I took last night - sorry for the shaky quality! Music has always been a HUGE part of my life, I grew up singing in choir, coveting solos, marching in marching band and playing my trumpet proudly. Music is still a huge part of me - especially song lyrics - often I will pick up a few words in a song and they just speak to me. I know that the Lumineers and Mumford and Sons were most certainly not thinking of infertility when they wrote these lyrics but it's all that's on my mind lately and all I can think of when I hear these two songs. The first is the Lumineers - "Stubborn Love" - the lyrics that always get me are the chorus - Keep your head up, keep your love. This reminds me of all of our ttc journeys and what we are all facing on a daily basis and reminds me no matter what we have to keep our heads up and keep fighting because one day - that prize will be ours and it will be more beautiful than we have ever imagined!




Which leads me to the second video - but first of all if you have the chance to see Mumford & Sons - DO IT! They are amazing! Seriously ridiculously good. One of my favorite songs is "I Will Wait" and again, I know it's not about a ttc journey - but the entire first verse and particularly the chorus bring me to tears and make me think of those beautiful babies we are all waiting for. Here are the lyrics followed by the video. Love you all and remember - keep your head up and know that whatever it takes, come hell or high water - it's going to happen!


And I came home
Like a stone
And I fell heavy into your arms
These days of darkness
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun

And I'll kneel down
Wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you



XOXO
K

Comments

Popular Posts